I can vaguely remember things I learned in high school. I bet I can recount everything right here: cash is always a credit, how to play games on a TI-83, zone defenses are for lazy basketball teams and STDs are the gift that keep on giving.
And there you have it. That is all I can remember from high school. Literally. I just racked my brain. I don't think college was much better: I re-learned about cash in accounting, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (personal fave), the difference between a waxing and waning moon, how to use Photoshop and InDesign and of course, millions of Spanish words.
Looking back at that, I'm feeling much better about my college education. Like, I actually gained something from it besides weight and a friends list two miles long.
Anyway. Even though I feel exponentially smarter just recounting everything I learned in four years of college I feel like I've learned way more from the internetS and reality television than I ever did in college or high school.
I would like to share those things (these are mainly from reality tv) now:
- Little people can do normal things.
- You can be famous for doing absolutely nothing.
- A messy house reflects poorly on your marriage.
- If you constantly yell at your husband in front of the camera eventually tabloids will accuse your husband of adultery.
- If you work out for 6 hours a day and have a personal trainer and eat right, you can lose hundreds of pounds.
- You don't have to be married or have children to be a housewife-- I think that is an incredible amount of knowledge, because for so long now I honestly thought you HAD to be a wife to be a housewife! WRONG-O!
- Tyra Banks is smarter and prettier than everyone alive. Ever.
- Seven people can be strangers, move in together and fight just like they've been friends forever. Good to know. I figured only roommates that were friends could fight.
I know that I've learned more than that, but I want others to learn on their own.
the housewives thing is one of the most important things i learned this year as well.
sometimes i think we're on the real world and my life is being taped...that would explain why you and brittain yell at each other.
Gosh I am so glad you helped me with the blog stuff today so I could read that post.
You CRACK me up. I wish I were you.
Amazing....I have learned all of those same things this year!!
Post a Comment