By: Jon Wasson
I met LC and LB sometime around last week…after discussing the existence of this blog, it was brought to my attention that I might be able to be a guest writer. These were the parameters given me from LC.
“if you write a guest blog i'll post it.
but, it pretty much has to be about me.
or something. at least about dallas.
nothing insightful. our blog is not a diary.”
I’m not sure if I met the criteria. But here it is.
I am the type of person who gets bored easily. College was a great thing for me because living on 4 hours of sleep, taco bell and mountain dew, road trips and best friends is close to heaven for me. This has left me feeling very out of place in the young professional world as of late. A lot of my friends have full time jobs (I guess the term is “career”) with salaries and 401k’s. It sounds exciting but I guess I just don’t think I fit into that world exactly. Which leaves me with a dilemma.
What am I doing with my life?
Other than living the dream day in day out… I am still not entirely sure.
But, I did create a list of goals to accomplish. perhaps that will help give me purpose… you should try to do the same thing…its rather liberating.
Goals for 2007 (and probably into most of 2008 as well:
1. Go on a date wearing a collared shirt.
2. Shoot at bad guys from a moving vehicle.
3. Beat Dirk Nowitzki one on one.
4. Get rich or die trying.
5. Snowboard mammoth.
6. Get brittain to stay up all night and then go to work the next day. 7.
7.Land a 360 board slide to fakie.
8. Beat guitar hero one, two, 80’s encore, and three on expert.
9. Be an extra on the show Prison Break.
10. Get straight a’s in seminary.
11. Snowboard Colorado.
12. Sell $100k of stuff at the shop within the next 5 months to go to Colorado for free and ride with pros and do other cool stuff.
13. Get involved in a church.
14. See jimmy eat world live and sing every word until my throat bleeds.
15. Teach LC how to jump kick.
Also. I love LC and LB. I am glad Texas provided me with their friendship.
I see you're letting just anyone guest post these days. I had to ask for over 2 months before I was granted a spot. Cool...
Post a Comment