- Government bail-outs. Does that make me un-American? I think it makes me more American. Actually, that's dumb. I don't think there is a rating system for how "American" someone is, but maybe there should be. Maybe the government should come up with a rating of how "American" one is and if you're above a certain number then you can get a sticker for your SUV or your vote can count more than others.
- The Jonas Brothers. How old are they anyway?
- Animals that talk. Animals can't talk. Especially fish. You can't talk underwater. So, if you're animal that lives underwater you definitely can't talk.
- People who don't like Coldplay. I can understand that sometimes people want to stay away from "fads" or "trends," but sometimes something is that good. I mean, I guarantee you no one tried to pull the cool card and say they weren't fans of The Beatles in the '60s.
- Obama's Stimulus Plan. Have you read it? It's pretty entertaining. And funny. Here are a few of my faves: Indian Health Service Facilities: $550 million to modernize aging hospitals and health clinics and make healthcare technology upgrades to improve healthcare for underserved rural populations. Rural indians? Rural populations? Or just Indians? Native American Housing Block Grants: $500 million to rehabilitate and improve energy efficiency at some of the over 42,000 housing units maintained by Native American housing programs. Half of the funding will be distributed by formula and half will be competitively awarded to projects that can be started quickly. Wait. Indians? Or Native Americans? Compassion Capital Fund: $100 million for grants to faith- and community-based organizations to provide critical safety net services to needy individuals and families. Wait. Isn't the job of the church? Shouldn't I get to decide that? Isn't that what tithing is for? Now, my tax dollars are paying for it? National Treasures: $400 million, including $200 million to address the deterioration of the National Mall, such as repair of the Jefferson Memorial’s collapsing Tidal Basin walls; $150 million to address the repair backlog at the Smithsonian; and $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts. Lord knows I love me some national monuments and I've had more than one vacation that revolves around them, but I thought this was an ECONOMIC STIMULUS plan. How in the world is repairing the Tidal Basin walls going to help me and thousands of others keep their jobs? Also- National Endowment for the Arts? Please.
- Public restrooms.
- Traffic. I will be an alcoholic before I'm 30 if I have to sit in traffic any more than I already do.
- People who don't like Chili's. Yeah, it's a chain and it's damn good.
- The Big 12.
Monday, February 9, 2009
stuff i don't like.
The weblog, "Stuff White People Like" was all the rage in 2008. Here is my list of things I don't like. It could be alternately titled, "Stuff White People Don't Like," but I don't necessarily want to carry that burden.