I feel like I owe Dallas an apology. I want to kiss Dallas and give it a fruit basket for Thanksgiving, because really, truly, Dallas ain't been that bad.
So, in no particular order (with the major likelihood that I will leave something or someone off) here are all the things I'm thankful for (Dallas-wise):
- The music scene. I like concerts and I've seen some good ones lately.
- Southwest Airlines and their direct flights, everyday to Little Rock.
- My friends: I'm so fortunate to have people here that love me and love me well.
- The food. It's better here than most places I go. The grocery stores are better, too.
- It's not Houston. Or Lubbock.
- My job. They pay me and a lot of days I enjoy it.
- The shopping is decent. You wouldn't know it by looking at my wardrobe though.
- No state income tax.
- Not a swing state, but still a player on the national political scene.
So, yeah, it's not so bad being here. Maybe I miss my family and 24/7 talk of the Arkansas Razorbacks, not to mention the local news here is nothing compared to Little Rock, but...I like it here. Maybe, I'll finally unpack my office supplies.