Obviously, my favorite holiday of the year is not New Year's Eve. Which leads me to my declaration of: I don't really do new year's resolutions, but wait! I do them every year. My 2010 resolutions came and went. Some were accomplished. Some were tried. Few actually had any impact on the 12 months I spent living in 2010. But, this is coming from someone who put "buy new black work flats" on my list. I could put that on my list for a Tuesday. I think my problem is that I don't go bold enough with my resolutions. A few year's ago, I listed "get my hair cut" as a resolution. Again, I'm setting myself up for underwhelming results with lame ass goals.
So...this year...2011 is the year, I actively pursue resolutions. Bold resolutions.
So, this year, I resolve to...
1. Only eat pizza once a week. Seriously.
2. Write more letters-- to you, to Congress, to my friends, to my family.
3. Shop at Dollar General more.
4. Read a fictional book. In other words, read a book that isn't about a dead man that used to run this great country.
5. Devote more time to honing a skill. Like, woodworking or crocheting.
6. Eat fruit once, unprompted, on my own before June.
2010 was a really good year for me and there are some things I'd like to carry into 2011. Such as and the like:
1. Continue to be awesome.
2. Continue to be cautious about cussing around small children.
3. Continue to make an effort about at least looking in the mirror before leaving the house.
4. Continue to support the efforts of those pursuing efforts.